GibbsCAM® is a powerful, easy to use CAM software for CNC machine programming that provides seamless integration any CAD package. GibbsCAM’s wide range of programming capabilities provide solutions for 2- 5-axis milling, turning, multi-task machining, swiss-style machining, and wire EDM.
What's New in GibbsCAM 2016
GibbsCAM 2016 continues to build on the power of the revolutionary UKM technology introduced in GibbsCAM 2015. Its powerful suite of enhancements gives users the flexibility they want along with the control they need. Improvements, which range from milling and turning functionality, to 5-axis milling and multi-axis turning deliver increased efficiency, programming speed, visualization and accuracy.
GibbsCAM’s full range of milling options provides you with the power and flexibility to program all your CNC mills with a single program and a single interface. GibbsCAM gives you the freedom to make your parts, your way.
- Full Profile Threadmill is a new tool type that allows for multiple teeth and provides support for threadforms and tapered-angle tools
- Support for tapered threads using single and multi-point thread tools (including NPT and BSPT types)
- Allows for multiple passes and spring passes providing optimal thread finish
- Depth of thread-milled holes is associated with hole geometry definition
- Hole processes now include drilling and threading routines that can be combined into a single process list
- Improved visualization when creating both custom and standard thread cutting tools
Multiple Contour Control
- Select multiple contours for a single operation
- Define cutting side and direction for individual contours in a group
VoluMill (Wireframe and Solids)
- Newly integrated Technology Expert calculates optimal speeds and feeds for VoluMill toolpaths
- Automatic calculation of spiral toolpaths in large pockets
- Open face milling calculations reduce cutting time by up to 60%
- Optimized cutting motion in slots and corners further reduces cutting time and tool wear
- New pattern type, Flowline, creates U or V aligned toolpath on a single surface without selecting additional bounding geometry
- Extend/Trim now allows Side Extensions in addition to Tangential when extending or trimming surface based toolpaths
- New Mirror Toolpath function available for Surface, Triangle Mesh, Swarf Machining and Wireframe strategies
- New function, Follow Surface Topology,
available in Swarf Machining when using multiple slices that allows for
stripe milling, which follows the actual curvature of the surfaces,
improving toolpath for convex shapes such as gear flanks and pressure
sides of impeller blades
- Multi-axis machining now allows multiple floor faces to be selected as the floor surface definition
- 5-Axis Drilling improvements allow users to specify direct or stepped retract moves between holes when using an incremental clearance area
- A new Gouge strategy, Along tool plane, avoids collisions by retracting along a plane normal to the tool axis while retaining tool orientation and height
- Porting option includes new Roll over edge function to extend the toolpath starting cuts and new Auto choices for automatic calculation of radius and/or direction of the Connection cylinder
TURNING, MILL-TURN, and MULTI-TASK MACHINING (MTM)
- Improved process layouts for quicker programming
- Horizontal view formatting of MTM Sync Manager for increased visibility and customization
- Turning tools are now supported in the Adveon Tooling Library Plug-in
- Ability to use a single tool at multiple B orientations
- Re-orient a toolgroup for use on a different spindle
- Turn at arbitrary orientations on machines with redundant rotary axes
- Rotation setting available for all turning processes
- Full support for Flash Tooling (multiple orientation turning tools)
- ACIS/SAT read/write option is now available free of charge for all licenses that include the 2.5D Solids option
- New option for importing UGS/NX *.prt models using Spatial
- Spatial options for NX, CATIA, and STEP now import Product Manufacturing Information (PMI) data
Machine Simulation Models - Custom
Visualizing your machine kinematics can make the difference between good part verification and great part verification. Increase productivity by incorporating a custom post processor with your machine simulation. Let us build and configure your complex machine models allowing your customers to start making great parts today!
In an era of lean manufacturing provide your customers with a productivity tool that will take them there. A GibbsCAM Custom Macro is the difference between a CAM System and a fully automated CAM Solution. We can create simple to fully automated macros or modify your existing macros utilizing Excel to give you a custom graphic interface.
Post Processors - Custom
We make the impossible possible with Edit Free Custom post processors supporting 2 to full 11-Axis posts that are native to Gibbs. Our strengths are offering exceptional turnaround times and quality service for even the most complex post processors. Together, we can maximize speed and productivity strengthening your customer’s position in the marketplace and ahead of the competition.